Cotton On Foundation raise $10M for quality education through the sale of masks
In September 2020, we announced that the Cotton On Foundation had reached a proud milestone moment, raising $5M AUD funds though the sale of face masks. Today, and thanks to you – our incredible team and customers – this life-changing mask has now raised $10M AUD globally to support Cotton On Foundation projects that keep kids healthy and in school.
Like all Cotton On Foundation product, 100% of proceeds from the sale of face masks support our global education and healthcare initiatives.
Your support helps make a real impact on the ground. Because of you, we’ve been able to support the most vulnerable children and communities during these tough times.
In Australia and across the world, the $10M AUD raised through the sale of face masks will help Cotton On Foundation to:
- Provide mental health support for over 2,000 Aussie kids partnering with Life Changer Foundation through 2021
- Commit to training more amazing Indigenous Teachers across NE Arnhem Land
- Support local mum’s and families doing it tough through COVID with a Cotton On Kids x Geelong Mum’s partnership
- Deliver 17,296 Food Packs across Africa for COVID
- Distribute 19,087 Home Learning Packs to help kids continue to learn while at home
- Conduct hygiene training for all students and staff
- Implement additional hand washing stations, temperature checks and social distancing measures in the classroom
- Fund 5 million nutritious meals for children in need globally this year
- Upgrade Busibo Primary School in Uganda for 910 children
- Kick off the eco-farm school in Uganda to educate young farmers on sustainable practices
- Fast-track the JL Dube High School plans in South Africa to begin work on a brand new school for 1,200 students
- Commit to the development of three new vocational colleges over the next three years in Uganda to create pathways for 1,800 students into real jobs
- Provide every child in our schools with a Back To School pack in 2021 including masks, sanitiser, water bottles, backpacks and stationery sets
As schools slowly re-open across the regions our Foundation works in, teams throughout Australia, South Africa, Thailand and Uganda are continuing to take every step to keep students safe and healthy.
Find out more about the Cotton On Foundation’s global quality education projects here.